CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Assessment Tools

(Telling Time)

Teacher made test-Every week, with every story; there are new sets of vocabulary words the students are introduced to. On Mondays I have give the vocabulary words to them and they are to define the words. On Fridays, I usually give them a short quiz on the definitions of the words.
Observations-Almost everyday, I observe my students while they are completing a task. I watch and see how they do specific things and to see if they are on task.
Portfolios-Everyday, I pick two different pieces of work the students completed that day. I put the work in their portfolio so by the time progress reports or repot cards are due, they have their portfolios to look over and see how well they are doing in the class.
Games-At times I use games as a type of assessment. Its easy, fun, and the students enjoy doing it.
Rubrics-I used rubrics to guide me while I graded the students when I observed them, when they turn in tests and quizzes, group presentations, and indivdual work.

Performance tasks

No comments: